Sunday, January 26, 2014

Kimmie's first post: An Attempt at Homemade Body Wash

I'm so excited to finally have a blog with my sister Kara! I hope you enjoy reading it and find some helpful tips! This body wash is something I found on pinterest and have been wanting to try out.
  I love great smelling body washes but I really dislike spending a ton on something that literally goes down the drain of my shower. I've been eying this recipe for homemade body soap and decided that this was my day to give it a try! I already had all the ingredients on hand anyway.
The bar of soap I started with was only 5 ounces instead of 8, so I just used less water. I figured that if 16 cups were needed for 8 ounces of soap, then 10 cups of water would be used for my slightly smaller bar. I grated the soap and let it dissolve completely in water, added the vegetable glycerine, and stuck it in the refridge for 24 hours.
I have to say that for being soap, it seemed a little disgusting for a portion of the time. I felt like i was boiling cheese.
The next day, I whipped it up with an electric mixer and transferred it to bottles for storage. My result did have a pretty snotty texture, but it works, smells good, AND barely cost a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment