Friday, February 14, 2014

Refashion: A Cozy Valentine's Day Sweater

Supposedly the weather here in the midwest is getting a little bit warmer, but there's still snow in my front yard and there's apparently more coming today! I'm still feeling the need to be cozy when I step out the door on this Valentine's Day, and have JUST the sweater.


And it's even red for Valentine's Day! 
I can't wear it like this, but I have a plan.


First I cut off the sewn-on turtleneck and wristbands and discarded them. I didn't bother with a seam ripper since it wouldn't be visible. Next I flipped the shirt inside-out and used another shirt that I like the fit of, and used it as a pattern to trace around. I probably should have pinned around the shirt where I wanted to sew, but I didn't feel like it. I am a big fan of sharpies and found this green marker before I came across any pins or chalk, so sharpie wins!
Then it's time to sew it up.


 I trimmed the extra fabric and flipped it back right side out.


Much better! Now I'm ready to head out and meet up with my Valentine. :)


Happy Valentine's Day!
-Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment