Sunday, February 23, 2014

DIY Cloud Door Mat


My apartment is tiny. My life at home sometimes feels like a battle between wanting to decorate and needing to organize (which is NOT my strength). I dedicated a chunk of my day yesterday to cleaning out and organizing one of the three (also tiny) closets here, and I think I did a pretty good job! As a reward to myself, I made a couple of cute, happy, cloud-shaped door mats.


Supplies:
-Door mat (I got mind at Target for around $5)
-Something round to trace
-A marker or pen that will mark on your mat
-A good pair of scissors

Once you have your supplies, here's what you need to do:



First flip your mat over so you won't be marking on the side you'll see.
Use your bowl (or other round object) to create the individual cloud "puffs" around your mat, leaving one long edge flat. Keep tracing until you have a cloud shape that you like.

Once your cloud looks just right, use a sharp pair of scissors to cut it out, and you're finished! It's that easy!



This project only took about 15 minutes, and it makes me smile every time a walk through my door!

No comments:

Post a Comment