Sunday, March 16, 2014

DIY Magnetic Spice Tins

Despite the cold and snowflakes today, the past few beautiful days have put me into spring cleaning mode. My teensy, tiny kitchen is always in need of a little space and I was feeling inspired to free some up. This project was super easy, and super inexpensive. 

Supplies:
  -clear top tins (I found mine here)
  -magnets (I used these)
  -hot glue gun
  -labels
  -tape
  -spices

Let's get started! After you've gathered your supplies, start by gluing on your magnets. They need to be strong enough to actually stick to the refridge without falling, so double check the strength of your magnets and use hot glue. I used two strips of magnets to keep the tins from wobbling on the refrigerator.

Next, make and cut out your labels. I stuck the labels on as I filled up the tins to avoid any later confusion.

Stick them on the refridge, and you're finished. That's it! Now, like me, you will have plenty of cabinet space freed up for other necessities, AND a super cute display of spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment